Wednesday 24 September 2014

Disappointing Bath Bomb Review : Lush : Honey Bee


I recently had another spending splash on the Lush website and brought a couple of Bath Bombs and bath bars. The Honey Bee was the one i was most looking forward too. Maybe i was expecting too much, but from opening the packet to getting out the bath, i was not impressed. First of all, the smell. It's hard to explain other than it made my face scrunch up when i took a whiff. I didn't like it, but found the smell disappeared once it was in the water.


There was nothing special about the effects of the Honey Bee, it had a simple fizz and turned the bath yellow with no scent. From other reviews i read from the lush website, i was most looking forward to having silk smooth skin. Did it do this? I suppose my skin felt a little smoother, but again, nothing special, and not the WOW factor that i was expecting. So after a disappointing bath, i then found it had stained. The last thing you want to do is start scrubbing after having an 'relaxing' bath.

I still love lush products. Despite being disappointed.



11 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Love your blog, just followed you! Would love if you checked out mine sometime xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you back, your blog is so elegant! Enjoying the read so far :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to here that it wasn't very good. But good to know as I was think of trying out some lush bath booms.

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do do some very good, fun bath bombs, so i'd still give them a try :) its just about finding the ones right for you! I really enjoyed the 'Dragons Egg', and my sister had tried the , 'Granny takes a dip' and she loved it. Especially as it brings our rainbow colours. Very colourful :D

      Delete
  3. This is heartbreaking to read. I'm a lush fanatic and haven't found a bathbomb I dont like yet. However, I've never tried this one and not sure if I should now! Their Butterball one is really good for the skin! Feels amazing :)

    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love lush products :) Everyone is different, so i'd say still give it a try as you may have an different opinion about it than me and like it :) I've got the butterball ! Still havent tried it yet though. Excited to see if it does make my skin feel soft.

      Delete
  4. I tried this one years ago and I like it but they can be a bit hit and miss x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind, maybe i just got a dodgy one :)

      Delete
  5. That's such a shame :( I haven't tried this one, but I've never felt let down by a Lush product yet. Will steer away from this one!


    Francesca xo | www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd still give it ago yourself :) everybody is different with what they like, and i like the waw factor and i think this was just too simple for me.

      Delete
  6. Hey! I have read your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for something New related to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete