Tuesday 21 October 2014

Review : SEXY MOTHER PUCKER : Soap & Glory


When going out, i find i prefer to wear lipgloss rather than lipstick, or i mix the two together and put lipgloss ontop on my lipstick. I just love how lipgloss can enhance your lips and the shine effect they give, bringing all the attention to your lips.

I chose to buy two lip glosses from the Soap & Glory, Sexy Mother Pucker range, priced at £9. I brought the Pink Appricot, which as well as the shine, gives your lips a touch of colour, and the Candy Gloss which is a pure sparkly gloss which i use on-top of my lipstick. 

The Pink Appricot is a colour i prefer to wear on it's own and my favourite from the two. The touch of colour is just enough to add that little bit of an extra natural pink tint to your lips. I like the natural look, so this lipgloss was a perfect buy for me as it didn't turn out too bright.

Candy Floss is again a very natural, but clear gloss with the tiniest tint of colour which i use on-top of my lipstick. It add's that little bit of extra to your lips whilst i found enhancing the lipsticks colour. It has little bits of glitter which aren't in your face, but are just enough to bring out even more shine and a glimmer effect once the light hits.


Both LipGloss's have a tingling sensation after a few seconds of applying. I think this is a love hate situation. At first i didn't like the tingeing sensation, i found it too strong and weird. But i now love this effect and it makes me think something magically is happening on my lips.

There easy to apply, with a very thick, sticky consistency. I would of liked the product not to be as sticky or of a heavy texture, but this is something that hasn't put me off the product. I also find i do have to keep re-applying as it does quickly fade, but again, i still love this gloss and it does the job.

They also SMELL GREAT! Not sweet, but a pleasant bearable smell.

Has anybody tried out any other colours?

13 comments:

  1. I like the colours- but for some reason it really messes with me that the writing on the tube isn't the same and the logo is different :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep finding new information and then change my answer to you. UPS. But.. i think they changed the design. As i found this review, with the Candy Floss tube for you : http://www.chloesway.com/2012/12/soap-and-glory-sexy-mother-pucker-lip.html , and then also this review, with the Pink Appricot tube : http://www.sparkleandshimmer.co.uk/shimmer/catalog/soap-and-glory-sexy-mother-pucker-plumping-lip-gloss-pink-apricot-lipgloss-p-600.html . I have sent them a message to confirm this, so i will let you know.

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Check out my blog and facebook page:
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/thefashionfilesbywajiha
    Instagram: Wajiha_Shakeel_Ahmed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog! x
    Would you like to follow each other?

    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I will check your blog out. xo

      Delete
  4. I love soap and glory products but not tried any of the lip glosses yet these look really great!

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite at the moment is there Plumping Gloss. Give it a try :) xo

      Delete
  5. My favorite type! Nice and natural. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this lipgloss! Great review on it :) xx

    ReplyDelete