Wednesday 15 October 2014

OCTOBER GLOSSYBOX : POP ART EDITION


It's that time again.. the arrival of the mystery GlossyBox for £10 on a pay monthly plan. I've been on and off GlossyBox for the last couple of months. I start my plan and then end up cancelling to save money, but then i see other reviews and end up subscribing again. I can't stay away.

This month, the Glossybox has a Pop Art theme and said to be of value for £50. I couldn't be more excited! Coming from an creative art background, i was more excited about the box than the actual products. I'm very impressed by the quality, and i'm already planning some creative DIY to hang the box on my wall. Let me know if you want pictures to follow.



This month the box consisted of 4 full size products. A nice surprise as i normally get on average 2. They are the Ciate Nail Vanish, Full size priced at £9. So Susan Mascara, £14.95, LipLift Peel, $12.95 and the Nuxe face mask £19.50.

The two sample products were a miniature perfume from Yves rocher and the Rimmel London BB Cream which... i have actually been wanting to try, so i was delighted by this. GlossyBox must have known!


I'm definitely most excited to get the So Susan Mascara, Ciate Nail Vanish and the Perfume. 

Ciate Nail Vanish is always good quality, gliding on smooth and lasts a while. The cute little bow on the bottle gives it that little bit extra effort and more appealing to use. I always love getting new nail vanish as it doesn't get wasted. I don't own a white one either so this will make a good edition to my collection. 

So Susan mascara, well, we can never have too many mascaras. I've had a couple of things from So Susan sent by GlossyBox and i mostly like there mascaras. They do the job of enhancing your eye lashes and it stays on for most of the day. I also find i don't get the typical panda eyes which seem to be my biggest problem when it comes to mascaras. Although i like So Susan, i find it difficult to get hold of there products as they always seem to be sold out.

I also love getting mini perfume samples. I don't always get the chance to try new perfume smells so having little samples sent to me makes it easier to try before i buy online. When i first applied the perfume, it was a very strong, sweet distinct smell, but now that it has settle i really like it. After 10 minutes the strong smell had faded and it's much more suttle . I'd say it's an every day go to work perfume rather than a want to be noticed perfume. The normal sized perfume is priced at £33 for 30ml which i think is a reasonable price. The bottle is pretty basic, but it does the job and is easy to apply.


I'm impressed by the LipLift Peel by Etre Belle. I first applied it without reading the back thinking it was a lip moisturiser and was really confused to why it had granules in the texture and immediately wiped it off ( Silly Me ). Now that i've used to product PROPERLY, i was not expecting the results that i got.  I have quite rough, cracked lips with dead skin. You could say i have nightmare lips. Immediately after using this product, i could see a huge difference AND with only one use. My lips look healthier and the dead skin has gone. They also feel softer and made applying my lip balm smoother.

I had seen the Lush Lip scrubs but i didn't fully understand there purpose. Now that i have tried this product i'll be converting to try out different products for my lips.

Great October Box GlossyBox!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted also to try the Ciaté cause inspired me a lot, but till now i had not read any review of it (in facts i hadn't searched for it!), but now i think i will try that yeah!!! :)
    Have you never try the Kiko nail lacquer? They are pretty good, i have a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete