Sunday 3 May 2015

Highstreet vs High price Cleansing Water


I love cleansing waters. I first discovered the solution after my skin became very sensitive to make-up wipes and my skin would end up breaking out, feeling dry, they were doing more harm than good so i looked for other alternatives.

Loreal Paris Skin Perfection Micellar Water was the first cleansing water i ever tried. Priced at £4.99 but most of the time on offer for £3.33, i matched it up with the moisturiser and the serum from there Skin Perfection range. It claims to dissolve make-up without rubbing, unclogs pores, tones and smoothes your skin. So, is this true? The formula does dissolve make-up easy enough on a cotton pad with a few wipes around the face. It says you can hold the solution over your eyelashes with no need to rub, i however found this technical did not work for removing my eye make-up and i need to rub was used, on both waterproof and none water proof mascara. It is great for sensitive skin and did leave my skin feeling soft and generally clean after. My pores looked clean after and my skin wasn't tight. The solution as no odorous smell, just a plain white solution which does exactly what it says. 

Next up is a more expensive cleaning water. From the Avene range, the Cleaning water is priced at £16 for a 400ml bottle at boots. A steep price to pay for something just to remove your make-up, but is that all it does? The product is for oily to blemished prone-skin and you may of guest it, i love this one too! Unlike the Loreal Paris Micellar Water, i find with the Avene Cleansing water i can have a lazy day when it comes to my cleansing routine and instead of doing the full sha-bam, i can use this product and know my skin has had a good clean and won't suffer the next morning. It clears away every trace of make-up including water proof mascara, leaving my skin tight free and feeling fresh. It is senstive skin friendly and cleared out my pores, with obviously noticeable results. It tones and controls the oil in your skin well and also, helped my skin with dryness. It has so many positive effects to the skin that £16 for this product doesn't seem much of an issue anymore.

New to my routine is the Botanics 3 in 1 Cleansing Solution. Cheapest of the 3 for only £2.99, currently on sale for £1.49, i have only used the solution a couple of times with the recommendation from my friend. For all skin types, it left my skin looking clean and make-up free, removing my eye make-up and even my water proof-mascara. It cleared out my pores and for such a little price, it does the job. I did find however, it left my skin quite dry, a little sore and tight. As i said above, i have sensitive skin, so i don't think this solution suited my skin type, but for the price it's worth a try if your on a budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment